We occasionally get asked about how people can learn more about photography, so I’ve listed some resources here:
1. Ask your peers (specific) questions & come to club nights and workshops.
2. Read the (camera) manual – its often boring, but its very relevant.
3. Check TAFE for a course (often or not don’t don’t have numbers – so express your interest, so that they can put on a course!).
4. Have a look at Youtube, some good sources include:
5. For free education, see any current offerings from MOOC’s such as:
- Coursera - https://www.coursera.org/learn/photography
- OpenLearning - http://www.opencolleges.edu.au/courses/photography
- Udemy is a fabulous resource if you can find a good instructor. These often incur a small fee, but you may stumble across discount vouchers (or even free courses) via social media or ozbargain (one of my favourite web sites).
- Udemy https://www.udemy.com/courses/search/?q=photography
- Ozbargain - https://www.ozbargain.com.au/search/node/udemy
6. If all else fails – Google it.
If you have more ideas of sources, please leave them in the comments!